The Media Office of His Eminence Sayyid Ammar al-Hakim, Head of the Islamic Supreme Council of Iraq, issued a statement rebutting what the Saudi Ukaz newspaper stated on Sunday, October 21, 2012. It described the claims made by the said newspaper as irresponsible insinuations which express a sterile political vision in understanding the leadership of the Islamic Supreme Council of Iraq and a short-sightedness in monitoring the civilizational, humane and patriotic plan which Sayyid Ammar al-Hakim advocates as well as his deep convictions in building the New Iraq. The statement reminded the said newspaper that Sayyid Ammar al-Hakim has for so long presented a plan for the New Iraq which is totally distant from the axes of conflict, one that builds a bridge of communication and the deepening of the strategic understandings that look after the rights of the region’s countries.
The Media Office held the said newspaper responsible for the consequences of these claims, stressing that crossing the red lines and infringing on the patriotic personalities and leaderships of the masses hides in its folds a mean plan to stir sedition between the Iraqi and Saudi peoples, demanding the official authorities in the Kingdom to undertake the deterring legal measures against the newspaper and its intransigence, holding at the same time the honest writers in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia historically responsible for curbing the dissonant voices and to defend the reputation of the Saudi press and its writers, explaining that at the time when the Supreme Council refutes these press heresies, it strongly denounces all terrorist operations wherever they may be.
The Media Office of the Head of the Supreme Council described the said newspaper as being “yellow” for depending on cheap reports, trivial articles and pariah pens, expressing amazement about the Ukaz newspaper descending to the bottom of distancing itself from comprehension, following up and analysis, pointing out that the newspaper, with these claims, has emphasized that it is a pawn in the hands of obscure journalists who search for fame and sensationalism by daring to charge high statures before whom they suffer the complex of being dwarves. It explained that the Islamic Supreme Council of Iraq maintains its full rights for restitution and the undertaking of the extreme legal, political and diplomatic measures against this newspaper, its management and the writer of the article unless the newspaper retracts and corrects its fall.
Statement about claims of Ukaz newspaper – October 21, 2012
1. Ukaz newspaper, which was issued in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on October 19, 2012, in its issue No. 4142 published an article by the so-called “Muhammed Abdul-Wahid”.
2. At the time when we look down at these irresponsible insinuations, which express a sterile understanding of the political vision of our leadership and not monitoring the steps of the civilizational, humane and patriotic plan which Sayyid Ammar al-Hakim advocates and his deep conviction in building the New Iraq distantly from the axes of conflict and which calls for it to be an axis for meeting, communication and a bridge for deepening the strategic understandings that embrace the rights of the area countries and the supreme interests of their nations…, and at the time when we condemn these claims and strongly denounce all terrorist acts, we express our amazement at a newspaper that bears on its shoulders the responsibility for protecting the reputation and the interests of the sisterly Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and how it has become a reason for undermining the Kingdom’s credibility and that of its press by allowing some press heresies to practice their heresy on its pages… without any regard for credibility or the source of the report, leveling such a serious charge in a way which spells out an absence of Islamic and national awareness as well as ignorance of solid press standards.
3. Fires are ignited by small sparks… The responsibility for these false claims are borne by the newspaper that claims to be protecting and defending the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia while inflicting the most serious harm on this reputation and these interests… The encroachment in such a way, and the crossing of the red lines in dealing with national personalities and leaders of the masses, hides between its folds a mean plan to stir sedition between the brotherly nations and an attempt to break the ties of a relationship based on mutual respect between His Eminence Sayyid al-Hakim and the Saudi leadership… At the same time, we hold the official authorities in the Kingdom fully responsible for undertaking the deterring legal measures against this newspaper and its transcendence.. We also hold the honest, aware and patriotic writers in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia historically responsible for curbing these dissonant voices and to defend in a real and truthful way the reputation of the Saudi press, its writers, interests and reputation as well as the rights of the brotherly Saudi people.
4. Newspapers that look for cheap reports, trivial articles and pariah writers are certainly yellow and trivial newspapers no matter what big names they carry… We are amazed to see Ukaz newspaper falling down to the bottom and behaving distantly from understanding, monitoring and analyzing, and that it becomes a pawn in the hands of obscure journalists who look for fame and sensationalism by encroaching on high statures before which they suffer the dwarf complex.. and that their cheap pens drag this newspaper to the quagmire of cheap lies, forgery and fraud and to be a tool for sedition and spreading falsehood instead of being a newspaper for enlightening and awareness.
5. We maintain our full rights for restitution and for undertaking extreme legal, political and diplomatic measures against the newspaper, its management and the writer of the article… unless the newspaper retracts its shameful fall.
6. May Allah safeguard the people of Iraq and the people of the Kingdom from the adventures of ignorant and mean people.